Thursday, May 30, 2013

So you’re getting stronger, so your mum tells me…. And also bitier, which is apparently not so endearing. But I guess it at least shows you know what to do with your teeth. Unfortunately, during breast feeding isn’t the best time for that experimentation. Although I’m not sure why, but you’re happy to chew on anything. Well, anything except the teething products. Go figure.

This month, however, we went to the Medieval Fayre in Blacktown. I think you must have enjoyed that. You seemed constantly in awe at all the colours, the sparkly costumes, and the jousting. Not that I’m condoning that as a school sport alternative though. It was a great day, and we got to hang out with Josh and Kay. I have a funny feeling that you know there is a baby there, even though I don’t know how.

And you’ve finally started rolling. A lot. Which is great. You can finally move yourself from place to place, although in a slightly unorthodox fashion. But you move fast. It’s not like lightening, although I’ve found myself trying to keep one eye on you at all times. I mean, that could also be because of my slight parenting blunder last month, but we won’t mention that will we???

You’ve also properly found your hands, and your grip. I mean, you always had a pretty mean grip, but now you’ve started to realise that you don’t have to use your fingers all at once. You can use them one at a time. And I have to say, those nails are sharp, little girl! There’s been a couple of occasions where I have had to check my lips or face after I put you down to see if you accidentally caused any permanent damage.

But the best part of it all is your laugh. You really do laugh. And I must admit (and I’m sure your mother will back me up), that I sometimes act a little silly to solicit that laugh. We have had a few sessions on the change table with either your toothbrush or a nappy being placed on your tummy, in which you find great hilarity. I love your laugh, it makes me crack up. I’m sure there have been a few occasions where your mum has come in to find us both cracking up laughing, me to the point of almost collapsing on the ground. You crack me up my gorgeous girl.

We have, however this month, your mother and I, started to discuss routine. I guess we always felt that ‘going with the flow’ was what worked for us, so it would be fine for you. I think maybe we got that one a little wrong. You seem to do better with a little bit of structure. So we’ll try that I guess and see how things play out.

You know, I always had this romanticised version of having kids in my head, and thought that would be the way things would happen and progress. Boy was I wrong! It’s so much better. You are one of the coolest people I have ever been blessed with getting to know. And I’m so lucky to be your dad. It’s one heck of a job, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Be good
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment